Monday, January 3

Hi All,


I have a "new" friend. Around the same age we bond on mutual likes and experiences. The best part is he understands, to some extent, the wackadoodle synapses misfires in the brain. When he said to me, "I would drag you to my running/walking group if you lived closer", my heart swelled.
He recently shared with me that he played on repeat, after a tough work day, Bruce Hornsby's cover of "Black Muddy River." If you do not know the song, click the link and listen to it.
It is a song about keepin' on in spite of it all - especially age. As many of you know, that was my Dad's greatest lesson to me. #mustkeepmoving There are countless songs and prose with similar themes, but this song is one of my favorites as well.
I am often reminded by Miss Tappity Tap and others that I have a lot of tenacity. Miss TT recently confirmed for me that maybe yes some things are harder for me than others experience due to some physical and mental issues, but I keep on keepin' on with a smile on my face. I just need to allow myself to rest without guilt.
I broke today. A physical issue has been simmering and it boiled over today. The repercussion was enough that it impacted me in countless ways and zapped my mental health too.
When I got home I took a short nap, but when I started to wake up I got sick to my stomach - violently. As I laid back down I heard as plain as if I had pressed play the melody to "Black Muddy River", except I was singing a song of my own.
My song is always one of moving forward and staring down that bit of adversity. I wiped the tears from my eyes, shook off the shame, and got off the couch - all alone.


Much Love,
Kristi





Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: