Saturday, June 3

No Bagel, No Bagel, No Bagel, No Bagel

Hi All,

I probably shouldn't have done it, but I did. I looked at the results of the NINE vials of blood that I had pulled out of my veins earlier this week. Yes, NINE vials. 


In my I'm-Not-A-Dr Opinion I will soon kick the bucket if I don't adhere to a strict diet of no fun and sugar-free cinnamon candy. Basically, it appears I have high gluten sensitivity and milk protein sensitivity which can be part of the cause of sluggishness and the joint pain I am feeling. Of course, my blood sugar is still too high and now apparently my thyroid is out of whack. Sigh.

I sit here consoling myself, as I often do, with the knowledge that I am better than I would have been had I not gotten help 15 years ago. However, I am overwhelmed by what is left to do. I go back to my "why." I could give up, but that is not an option. There are still a lot more oceans I want to see, mountains to climb, food to test (sans gluten and milk protein), and rain to tickle my skin.  The shorter-term goal is just to feel better and use my tenacity to beat back the "blahs." 

Not all the results are bad, I have made improvements in a lot of areas, especially in my cholesterol. That makes me proud of myself.

I just get overwhelmed for the same reasons I always do. If you do everything to be perfectly healthy, when do you have time to live? Of course, how do you live a life worth living if you do not try to be healthy? ACK!

I will tackle this still with my original plan. I will concentrate on changing habits of the next several months until the half marathon. This week and next week I am working on water intake and taking my medications at the same time every day. 

Til Next Time,

Kristi

Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: