Tuesday, August 31

September 1, 2010 - Amassing an Army

Hello All,

In the past, I have referred to my main supporters of my effort to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle as 'Kristi's Army." My army is the most important part of my weight loss adventure and new lifestyle. I must surround myself with individuals that not only encourage healthy living, but practice it themselves.

As you all know, I lost three of my main supporters causing me to wobble. I miss all three of these individuals for various reasons, but primarily because I sometimes feel I am starting over.  I feel like I am more apt to fail. You see, with all three of these people I spent many hours exploring what I need to do and how to accomplish it.  They all knew not to take my intellectualizing crap.  They were my Generals.

Fortunately, I have several Colonels left in my army. PT Bruiser, Miss Tappity Tap, and Dr. Pins and Needles are all ready and available at a moment's notice.  My Colonels will be promoted and new individuals enlisted. 

My Army only accepts the "best of the best."   I have already fired one new physician (not the one at the Weight Loss Clinic) for not listening and trying to put me in a box without understanding that one size does not fit all. 

I hope all that read this understand that you are also part of my army. You are with me in the trenches every day. We are in the foxhole together. You are on the front lines. You also try to follow the healthy lifestyle every day, but need lifted up by the troops to get through the battles.  The e-mails you send get me through the fire.

In order to fill vacancies and expand my army I am trying a few new things this Fall. I am taking a Boot Camp class, a Yoga class, and an online Metabolic Exercise class.  I also hope to take another Racewalking Seminar.  Over the next few months I will share with you all the outcomes of these endeavors.

For now I leave you with a quote from Napoleon Bonaparte

"Victory belongs to the most persevering."


Til Next Week,
Kristi
Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: