Wednesday, August 6

August 6, 2008 Keep on Keeping On


Hello!

Well, as expected the doc wasn't impressed with my VO2 max. Some blah, blah, blah about it is not indicative of real VO2 max results blah, blah, blah. While I wasn't impressed either it was the only test result that came back that was good! Oy! Made me giggle...

Anyhoo...It has been a little harder the past couple weeks to eat as well. What I have learned is that I need to have that "go to" meal/snack that I can fix when nothing else will do. I have been eating a lot of McDonald's salads, which are fortunately not too bad for you, but that can get expensive. I did manage to lose 2.5 pounds in the past two weeks. Obviously, my calories spent in energy were greater than my calories consumed!

I would say the best thing in my diet that I think I need to share with folks this week is Fiber One cereal and bars. The recommended daily allowance of fiber is 25-35 grams. Being an overachiever I shoot for the 35 grams of fiber. Fiber One is really good. I eat the Raisin Clusters and any of the bars. For recipes that call for croutons I use the plain Fiber One cereal. I really like it and it adds up quickly. A cup of Fiber One cereal has 9 grams of fiber. Most of the rest of my fiber I get from high fiber bread and berries.

Til Next Week,
Kristi Sue

No comments: