The 1st Annual Indy Health Expo is quickly approaching and I encourage EVERYONE to attend. You can learn about Dr. Pins and Needles profession (acupuncture), how to eat healthy from the folks at Meier (which is where everything healthy comes from according to Salmonella Sally), and speak to local fitness experts (sorry, PT Bruiser will not be in attendance). There are over 200 exhibitors and plenty of seminars to help us ALL live healthier lives.
I planned on going just to check it out and lo and behold I had an e-mail from a nice man today saying I could score some tickets (of course, I immediately took up the task of telling you all to attend as well, in order to make it worth his while). Personally, I am up to about 30 dollars earned in Gnu Bars and tickets from my successes and pitfalls from trying to be healthy (grin).
Indy Health Expo is open Saturday and and 24, 2010 from 11 am to 6 pm. Single-day admission to Indy Health Expo is $10 for adults, $7 for seniors, and free for children under 12.
You may check out more at http://indyhealthexpo.com.
The following is the full press release.
MORE CELEBRITY EXPERTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
SCHEDULED FOR INDY HEALTH EXPO
Indianapolis’ first exposition celebrating health, beauty and fitness to be held
The inaugural Indy Health Expo, New Year’s resolutions by hosting more than 150 of the finest local and national health, beauty and fitness professionals, as well as offering two days of motivation; Indianapolis’ only health and wellness exposition will feature a wide variety of celebrities and entertainers who will share helpful advice, seminars, demonstrations, products and services to aid the body, mind, and soul in 2010. and at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, will help Indianapolis area residents stick to those
Four stages throughout Indy Health Expo will offer non-stop demonstrations and informative seminars; more than 50 talks, presentations and interactive events will feature national and local experts.
Special programs at Indy Health Expo for creating a healthy body include:
- Fitness guru , creator of the 8 MINUTE ABS workout (which has sold over one million units) and a nationally-recognized weight loss and fitness expert, will present his Slim & FIT personal fitness program designed to help people lose weight, get in shape to sustain a healthier and happier lifestyle. Jaime will make presentations on both Saturday and Sunday of the show.
- Renowned pediatrician Dr. James Sears, better known as “Dr. Jim,” from the popular television show “The Doctors,” will focus on health and children in his discussion The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood. Dr. Jim has been featured on Parenting.com's "Ask the Expert," and has written for Parenting and BabyTalk magazines.He has offeredhis medical adviceon many national television news programs including 20/20, Dr. Phil, Donahue, Good Morning America, Oprah, CBS This Morning, CNN, NBC's Today Show and Dateline. Dr. Sears will speak .
- Stylist to the stars, Peter Lamas, known for his works on such celebrities as Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Diana Ross, Jacqueline Kennedy, Sharon Stone, Britney Spears and Kate Winslet, will present about the myths and facts of the beauty industry and behind-the-scenes information of what's actually in today’s beauty products. He is the founder of Lamas Beauty International, which delivers high-performance organic beauty products that contain healthy, natural ingredients and free of harmful chemicals.
Indy Health Expo will also host experts offering sound advice for the mind and creating financial fitness:
· Indianapolis’ First Lady Winnie Ballard will speak about Indy's Campaign for Financial Fitness and the Save Smart, Live Smart program, aimed at improving Indianapolis residents’ financial health by making 2010 the year to learn saving habits. Members of Bank On Indy will join Mrs. Ballard onsite to help inform Indy Health Expo attendees about the free checking accounts offered and learn the strategies to improve their long term financial health and credit. Mrs. Ballard will speak .
· , also knownas “Pete the Planner,” will offer insight and strategies for financial health from his book “60 Days to Change.” His topic “Financial and Physical Fitness Go Hand-in-Hand” will help attendees use the same skills that they use to attend to their physical fitness needs to help their financial lives. Dunn is an award-winning comedian and financial expert, whose messages of planning and budgeting relate specifically to the lifestyles and challenges of Gen X and Gen Y consumers. He hosts regular podcasts on iTunes, has appeared in local media and on television throughout Indiana , as well as making national appearances on the FOX News Channel.
In addition, Indy Health Expo will offer fantastic entertainment for the health of the soul:
· Just announced! will perform their most popular hits as well as some new songs in a live concert beginning at . Members of the acclaimed pop-rock group will be at Indy Health Expo to sign autographs and meet with fans. Blessid Union’s appearance is to support its HireCalling.org, which funds employment for physically and mentally challenged individuals.
· Between the close of the show at and the start of Blessid Union concert, Indy Health Expo visitors can participate in a Community Drum Circle organized by Bongo Boy Music School , Recreational Music & Wellness Center .
The Champions Pavilion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds will be filled for Indy Health Expo with a wide array of products and services – more than 150 exhibitors, including beauty and fitness products, health food retailers, hospitals, physicians, dentists, natural and alternative practitioners, chiropractors, and community and non-profit organizations.
Indy Health Expo is open Saturday and www.indyhealthexpo.com. and 24, 2010 from 11 am to 6 pm. Single-day admission to Indy Health Expo is $10 for adults, $7 for seniors, and free for children under 12. A two-day pass is available for $15. Tickets for Indy Health Expo and the concert are $20 each, with the proceeds benefiting Hire Calling. Discount tickets for Indy Health Expo are available by logging onto the event website. For general information about Indy Health Expo or to inquire more about, call or log onto
Hope to see you there!!
Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com