Tuesday, April 27

April 28, 2010 - Permission to Be Sad


Hi,

I am trying to accomplish something difficult. For a little over 2 years I have worked to change my lifestyle to one of healthy living. The failure rate in this type of endeavor is over 90%. For this reason alone, I give myself complete permission to be sad and scared for the future this week.

I have accomplished a lot in 2 years. I am healthier not only physically, but mentally and spiritually. I did the hard work, but I did not do it without the gentle prodding of professionals.
My healer and teacher must move on to share his knowledge with others. However, for me this is a loss. I am losing my lifestyle mentor. Not only that, I am losing a physician that could "out think" me. I am losing my Dr. Pita.

I am scared. I am scared that when the training wheels come off that I will fall and not get back up. I am scared that my commitment to changes will eventually wane. Ultimately, I am scared of what challenges tomorrow might bring.
For now, as I plan the next steps, I will just ponder the following quote from the movie Cast Away.

"I told myself that I have to just keep on breathing…for tomorrow the sun will rise…and who knows what the tide will bring in.”

Til Next Week,
Kristi
Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: