Earlier this evening I finished a book that the doctor has encouraged me to read for, oh....about a year now. The primary reason it took me so long to read this book is because I read the book 10 years ago and thought it was a waste of time. I could not relate to any part of it.
Since I continue on this journey of personal growth and lifestyle changes I decided to humor the man and read the book. This time, I learned something.
God bestows a set of gifts on only a select few.
The ability to:
- Taste the depths of hell without external catalysts.
- See the rainbow in each drop of rain.
- Experience deep soul-stretching emotional pain.
- Feel the breeze on a windless day.
- Swim upstream.
- View imaginative movies in the mind's eye.
- Dance to the music when none can be heard.
- Live to learn.
- Learn to live.
- Fight the status quo.
- Find the humor in the inane.
- Process thoughts a zillion times faster than any man-made computer.
- Pity those that do not understand.
- Appreciate that the gifts are a blessing, not a curse.
Fortunately, society does not understand these gifts or it would try harder to take them away.
Til Next Week,
Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com