Wednesday, May 5

May 5, 2010 - Down by 2 (Points that is)


Hello All,

Well, I had an appointment with Dr. Pita today. I was down 1.5 pounds.

(the sound of clapping)

Please...hold back the applause. Really...it is too much.

We were discussing the obvious changes that are causing me to be scared and sad. The following is what turned out to be an amusing conversation.

Me: "You know, I am feeling a lot better. I do not think I have ever felt like this. However, I am sad."

Dr. Pita: "What?!? You are feeling better, but you are in a funk? I do not think anyone has ever said that before."

Me: "You know, I would rather die than go back to the way I was 3 years ago."

Dr Pita: "Good! Use that as motivation."

Me Thinking: "Yeah, that helps a lot Mr. ICanWearTheSamePantsIWoreInHighSchoolandCanControltheCrazies"

Dr Pita: "You know, that is great motivation when you start to get down or things start to slip. You need to remember that."

Me Thinking: "I have turned into an almost-but-not-quite-there, green-tea-drinking, fish-eating, veggie-loving, marathon-walking health nut. I know at any moment it can all fall apart so take your rah, rah, rah crap and shove it." I then put my head in my hands.

Dr Pita: "Look at me!"

Me Thinking: "Nope! Not listening! Not listening!"

Dr. Pita: "Look at me! You need to put your shoulders back and chin up. Biochemistry is impacted by what we do, too."

Me Thinking: "Fine!"
Me: "Uh huh... You know, for years I tried to get help and no one helped me. I saw Social Workers, Counselors, Physicians...nothing. I saw so many Social Workers I COULD BE a Social Worker."

Dr. Pita: "No doubt"

Me: "Seriously, I mean it."

Dr. Pita: (heavy sigh) "I know."

Me Thinking: "I want this to be over."

Dr. Pita: "Fear is a powerful thing. Do you know what F-E-A-R stands for?"

Me Thinking: (churn, churn, churn) "Daggone it!! What is it? What is it?"
Me: (heavy sigh) "No."

Dr. Pita: (Makes the universal sign for a point scored) "YES!"

Me: "Oh, brother."

Dr. Pita: "False Evidence that Appears Real"

Current score:
Dr. Pita: 3 Me: 1

I am starting to think I am going to lose the game before he leaves. Daggone it!!

Til Next Week,
Kristi

Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: