Monday, June 13

June 13, 2011 - Surviving Boot Camp 101

Tabata Tod (who is enjoying having a Voodoo doll in his likeness) recently sold a TON of Groupons.  Since there will be several boot camp newbies I am using my blogging space to share how to get through Boot Camp. The following are my top 10 tips.

  1. Expect no sympathy from Tabata Tod. Unless you fall over dead he is just going to tell you to quit being a wimp.
  2. Don't look Tabata Tod directly in the eyes. Treat him like you would a wild animal. Let him be in charge. It is just best that way.
  3. Do not say you like OR dislike an exercise. You are drawing attention to it no matter what you say. Be ambivalent.
  4. Become buddies with your fellow classmates. There is safety in numbers.
  5. All exercises start out easy. It is the repetition that kills. Take rests when Tabata Tod has his back to you.
  6. Practice passive-aggressive behavior. It is cathartic. For example, inadvertently drop your kettlebell right where Tabata Tod is going to walk.
  7. The lights are not flickering in the building. You got up too fast.
  8. Get mad. It really does help get through some of the more difficult exercises. Personally, I have a hard time with this, but when I do get mad...*POW*...I kick booty!
  9. Fight to the death not to have Tabata Tod as your partner for buddy exercises. Trust me on this one.
  10. Use your Tabata Tod Voodoo Doll.  It helps.

Til Next Time,
Kristi

Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Hahahaha....another great blog Kristi...love it!!!

Robin said...

I agree. I needed that ha funny

Kevin said...

LOVE IT! What's sad is that it's so very, very true!