Tuesday, October 21

October 22, 2008 - Carpal Tunnel and Tea


Hello Everyone,


I would like to start this week's post with something I hope you will all find amusing....


For about two weeks my right shoulder and arm would be throbbing in pain by the end of the day. I could not understand what was causing the trouble. I started taking Aleve to get through the afternoon, but if I was out of pain killer I would have tears in my eyes due to the intense pain when I tried to click my mouse or type.

Late one evening, a friend of mine called me with an explanation. She said; "You're bum is a lot smaller, at least 2 inches lower, you need to raise your chair." Sure enough, I raised my chair and the carpal tunnel symptoms are gone.

Tea...

I am trying to drink tea. Apparently, tea has antioxidants and other qualities that make it worth my time even though I detest the taste of tea. Of course, as popular magazines often quote - green tea is the best.

So far, drinking the tea ranks right up there as one of the harder aspects of my endeavor to live a healthier lifestyle. I have found some teas that are palatable, but I still believe tea is just dirty water.

I went to Teapots and Treasures here in Indianapolis after attending Tea at the Canterbury. At Teapots and Treasures I found several teas to try. I am doing better, but I am not consistently drinking 1 to 2 cups of tea a day. I can tell this is going to take awhile....


Til Next Week,

Kristi

No comments: