Monday, October 6

October 8, 2008 - Striving for a more active lifestyle..


***Early Post for the Week***

Hello Bloggerland,

I am losing weight, but continue to have the most difficulty with consistent exercise and a more active lifestyle. So, using a concept I learned from SparkPeople, I created a list of activities to perform to begin the healthier lifestyle habit.

The following list is intended to promote doing at least a little bit of exercise each day until it becomes a habit. I put the list in my Smart Phone. In the morning, I will choose which activity to complete for the day. At the end of the 40 days, I will have completed all and some will hopefully become habits. I

I am hoping also at the end of the 40 days to join an exercise class to continue my exercise regimen. I will let you all know how this goal works out for me.

  1. Take the stairs all day.
  2. Dance for 10 minutes, like no one is watching.
  3. Take a long walk with the dog.
  4. Park as far away as possible at the store.
  5. Use a basket and carry it at the store.
  6. Watch TV only with the treadmill.
  7. Do some desk exercises at work three times today.
  8. Walk while talking on the phone.
  9. Take the long route. For example, if headed a destination downtown, take a walk around the block first.
  10. Take a mile walk for a break at work.
  11. Wear a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps today.
  12. Perform stretching exercises this morning for at least 10 minutes.
  13. Complete an exercise video today for at least 10 minutes.
  14. Do interval training on the treadmill for at least 10 minutes.
  15. Go for a hike for at least 10 minutes.
  16. Do 50 push-ups against a wall.
  17. Perform bicep curls with a grocery bag.
  18. Practice good posture.
  19. Do yoga for at least 10 minutes.
  20. Sit on the exercise ball for at least 10 minutes.
  21. Jump on trampoline for at least 10 minutes.
  22. Use stair climber for at least 10 minutes.
  23. Use exercise bike for at least 10 minutes.
  24. While waiting today, perform exercises (e.g. jumping jacks, pacing, arm swings, stretching exercises, etc).
  25. While doing things around the house, wear a backpack with weights in it.
  26. Put on clogging shoes and clog for at least 10 minutes.
  27. When get to work, walk around the block before going into the building. Do the same when leaving.
  28. While cleaning, use exaggerated movements (e.g. wave arms more).
  29. When no one is looking, skip instead of walk. Better yet, do it even if they are looking. Who cares what they think. Skip around the house at the end of the day. Be sure to carry cell phone in case fall in a hole.
  30. Play tag with the dog.
  31. Run everywhere. Run to the car in the parking garage. Run to the house. Again, carry cell phone in case I fall and trip.
  32. When sitting squeeze gluteus maximus 15 times, 4 times today.
  33. When standing in line, stand on tip toes as long as can.
  34. Do kegel exercises 15 times, 4 times today.
  35. When driving, do car exercises while waiting at stop lights.
  36. Skip the drive-up. Walk inside.
  37. Perform weight training for at least 10 minutes today.
  38. Stretch in the morning, in bed, before getting up for the day. Do simple stretches for 10 minutes.
  39. Take the long way to the water cooler, break room, bathroom, etc. All day.
  40. Perform squeezing exercises with exercise ball at desk 15 times both arms, 4 times today.


    Til Next Week,
    Kristi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Idea! I am going to try that too. Good luck...maybe we could email each other after we do each thing...accountability!
I think that I will make it a game and draw one of the choices out of the jar each day so it will be a surprise! I am so glad we are weightloss buddies :)

I finally blogged today...check it out..I wonder what will happen tomorrow.at my appointment....tonight I have to walk a mile because I couldn't get up this morning... LOL

Have a losing week! :)