Wednesday, January 21

January 21, 2009 - Preparing for the Mini Marathon


Hello All,


Well, I am very busy trying to be healthy and good right now. I do not have any funny stories to report, but I have some updates.


For those of you that have submitted your donations to the mini marathon charity fund, I thank you again! I also want you to know that I started the Bricks-to-Bricks training last night! This week I have to walk 6-10 miles.


The most interesting thing about the training class is that I was one of the youngest people there. The head trainer (he has been doing this for over 30 years) says that finishing the Mini is 80% mental and 20% physical. I sure hope so! He also mentioned that the toughest time for training is the first 4-5 weeks. We are to keep up our PMA (Positive Mental Attitude).


Dr. Pins and Needles is fine. I know he is a couple of my readers favorite character. I am getting into the swing of acupuncture so there is nothing too funny to report. The only thing lately is that I am bleeding sometimes when he takes them out of my head. He mumbles something like; "that's good." Since I am feeling better I do not question it anymore. I do have to report I STILL have not fallen asleep. Of course, Dr. Pita says; "I'm not suprised with how your mind is always going." What the $%^$ does that mean? Hmph!


Dr. Pita seems happy with my progress overall. When I have a short visit and not a lot of notes on the chart that is good, I think. I did not lose (or gain) any weight in the past two weeks. That is fine with me, I would rather maintain than gain. He wants me to work on breath walking and meditating while I walk (he keeps mentioning this so I will have to work on it again, apparently).


I also started with the Personal Trainer again this week. I met with her before I hurt my knee back in the fall. I really like her and she talks to me to distract me from the actual hard work of lifting the weights and other activities that she has me do. She is helping me strengthen my knees for the mini and put on some muscles to increase my metabolism.


The lesson I learned this past week that I should share is that when you start to do something not good for you (e.g. go through the drive-thru) you should do something drastic to stop your self. The example in the Podcast was "honk the horn" you are more apt to stop doing the bad thing. Just telling yourself is not enough. I will let you know how this works out for me. I see a good story coming up about this tip!


Til Next Week,

Kristi


1 comment:

COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

Hello Auntie. I am finally able to read your blog. I am always available to take a walk. As long as I have on my coat. Perhaps I need some boots?