Wednesday, June 3

June 3, 2009 - Cricket Anyone?


Hello All,

I had another appointment with Dr. Pita today. One of the reason I went one week after last seeing him is because Dr. Pins and Needles is out of town. I am still trying to maintain some accountability by making sure I see at least one member of my "get healthy army" every Wednesday.

Lately, my mind is consumed with thoughts like; "How do I insure I maintain my healthy lifestyle habits" and "I do not want to feel like I did before, is this bite of cookie the bite that takes me to the dark side?"

Well, Dr. Pita had several suggestions when I start to get into a "funk" (I am not allowed to call it depression anymore, even though on the new charge form he circles that .) Primarily I need to change my physiology when I can. For example, if I am not smiling...smile. If I am looking down...look up. Okay, I will do that.

He also started yammering on about "getting outside of myself." He means that I need to do something that is helping others a bit (I think) and keep my mind occupied on other things. Well, I do this a lot anyway, but there is a new little project that I got roped into...

Are you ready for this?!?!?

"Unofficial Editor" of the cricket tournament blog for the Indy Friends Club. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CRICKET!!!

For those that do not know, for most of my career I have worked with primarily folks from the former British Empire (people from India and Great Britain primarily). Cricket is BIG there!

Well, yesterday I got an e-mail that said; "Please rewrite for the blog." It contained short descriptions of the previous and future matches (is that what they are called?). Of course, I said; "OK!"

So, for the next 6 weeks or so...I will be donating my time correcting and expanding on my friend's descriptions of the cricket tournaments. I also will be reading Cricket for Dummies.

So...Dr. Pita...I AM doing something outside of myself and keeping my mind occupied. HA!

Til Next Week,
Kristi
P.S. I was down a pound of fat and up 1.5 pounds of muscle.

Originally published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: