Saturday, June 19

June 19, 2010 - Kung Fu Quotes Irritate Me When I Am Cranky

Good Evening All,

For some unknown reason, I have been in a prolonged funk for about 2 months. I am sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the my lifestyle coach/physician/health mentor/weight loss doc/sometimes buddy moving across country (sigh).  Anyhooo....I have a plan in place that I actually am quite excited about starting.

I am going to start training to racewalk a 5K, which in someways is similar to training to RUN a 5K. I purchased Groupons for a Boot Camp and a Yoga class. I am also meeting with the lifestyle folks at my new Doctors office next week.

Earlier this week, I had my second to last appointment with Dr. Pita.  He mentioned that I have a hard time being complacent. YOU THINK?!?!?!  Of course, anything worth doing is worth doing RIGHT. Sheesh...he did have a good point. I beat myself up a lot if I do not believe I am giving it my all.  This has made my summer funk even worse. Personally, what I am learning is how to deal with these funks and learn that being complacent is perfectly normal as long as it does not turn into a reversal.

I asked what are some of the things that I need to do to keep going.  He gave some good advice that I wrote down on a card that I will share in my next post.

Well, here is where the appointment went EXTREMELY wrong.....

Dr.Pita; "When is your next appointment with 'New Doctor'"?
Me; "Three weeks."
Dr. Pita; "If he wants to be a member of your posse you need to go every two weeks."
Me Thinking; "Please don't start. I can't take it. I already do not want to go back.  I was so upset after my last visit."
Me: "OK"

After the appointment, for the next several hours, I was very disheartened. I started thinking my new posse is not going to be near as helpful as my existing and I got very, very sad.  I do not expect anyone to understand, as very few do, but it is not the weight loss that concerns me it is all the other "stuff" that goes on that I need to keep under control.

Soo...I sent a message to Dr. Pita...(edited to fit in the time allowed)

Me; "Do you know anyone else I can see if my new posse does not work out?"
Pita; "Grasshopper, Teachers appear when the student is ready."
Me Thinking; "SERIOUSLY?!?!?  SERIOUSLY?!?!?! You are using Kung Fu?!?! Are you high?!?! Sooo...not in the mood for this crap right now. PAY ATTENTION. I am in a PANIC!"
Me; "I take that as a no."
(hidden message was "bite me")
Pita; "I recommend (censored for privacy)."
Me Thinking; "Better. Sheesh...Hmmmm....since I was being bitchy I will play along with the 'grasshopper' thing'"
Me; "Master, This Grasshopper will fly. Just need to insure there are some leaves on which to recuperate and gather nourishment, as the journey has only just begun...."
Pita; "Exactly!"
Me Thinking; "Hmph! That was one of the most creative sentences ever! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Dr. Pins and Needles will like it."

LOL

Til Next Week,
Kristi
Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: