Saturday, May 9

May 9, 2009 - Marathon Recap Part 2 of 3


Hello Again,

I cannot honestly say that I could not have done it without the two that walked with me, but I CAN say that the both of them being with me helped IMMENSELY. They both wanted me to finish; at one point my coat and bottle of water were taken from me so I could walk without obstacle!!! Talk about teamwork! I teased my one walking partner that I was surprised she did not trip me since she had money to lose since she was going to donating when I finished.

As I crossed the finish line I was in pain. I knew crossing the finish line pain free was not going to happen, but my goal was to finish. As the race ended, all I really wanted to do was sit down, but I figured that would not be a good idea, because I would just have to stand back up.
Of course, I made the mistake later of sitting down two blocks from the hotel and regretted it later!

For four hours, I whined about how I would NEVER DO IT AGAIN! After awhile, I started thinking; "If I keep training, by next year I will DEFINITELY improve my time!!"

I am closing Part 2 with a quote I received from a friend. She sent it at the right time and I had it in my pocket on race day.

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.
-John (The Penguin) Bingham


Til Tomorrow,
Kristi


Originally Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: