Sunday, October 17

October 17, 2010 - You Get By with A Little Help from Your Friends

Hello All,

As I mention over, and over, and over again a supportive social network is important to me. Sometimes, it may sound like I am picking on my Army too much, but that is how I find my amusement during the day. LOL

It is nice that I work with some of my biggest supporters and fellow platoon members...SOMETIMES.  I would like to point out that they only say it is nice to work with me SOMETIMES, too.

Lately, I have not been the most pleasant person to be around.  I am being moody and having immense trouble caring about life in general, plus not wanting to get out of bed (there are two extremes either no sleep or 14 hours of sleep).   Last week I had a particularly bad morning, but did manage to drag myself into work (after stopping to buy a shirt because I spilled my breakfast all over me on the drive to the office).

Well, Jasmine (not her real name) and I were discussing something to do with work (I do not remember what it was now) and the topic switched to my addiction to Diet Coke returning. Here is the conversation...

Me; "Yeah, I don't know what the deal is lately. I feel like I NEED Diet Coke. I am definitely not drinking enough water, too."
Jasmine; "You know you feel better when are not drinking them, right?"
Me Thinking; "Oh no, she is channeling Dr. DeadToMeNow."
Me; ***EXTREMELY heavy sigh*** "Eh, we all die anyway."
Jasmine in a threatening voice; "Some of us sooner than others."
Me Thinking; "I think she is plotting to kill me now."

Soo....later in the day I put my Healthy Choice Pot Pie on 50% in the microwave and headed downstairs to get a Diet Coke out of the machine. I decided to get 2 Diet Cokes and of course a glass of ice.  I love my DCs cooooold!

When I returned to the break room my lunch was on fire.  Apparently, that microwave does not really use the 50% setting.  After assuring all of my co-workers that I was not attempting suicide by microwave, I decided to salvage as much of the Pot Pie as possible.

Portia encountered me as I was leaving the break room. Apparently, my TWO Diet Cokes sent her over the edge. The next thing I know she took my nice crisp glass of ice and poured WATER into it!!! She then forcefully pulled one of the cans of Diet Coke from me and put it in the fridge (I didn't let it go easy). I was informed that my ice would still be nice if I hurried up and drank the water in my glass.

What did I do?  I drank the water and then the Diet Coke.  I also cooked another meal. You CANNOT salvage a Pot Pie once it burns.

Lesson learned?   It is nice to have great friends that want to help you take care of you, even when you do not want to take care of yourself.

Til Next Time,
Kristi

No comments: