Thursday, March 3

March 3, 2011 - Leg Bridges

Hello All,

This week was first week of Boot Camp 4 times a week. In addition, I had Personal Training with PT Bruiser twice this week.  So...by this morning I had attended Boot Camp 3 times and had 1 personal training session. I was tired.  Exhausted enough to e-mail Tabata Tod that I would not be joining class in the morning, but would attend the evening class instead.

All day I prayed to the exercise gods that I would not have to do leg bridges. My hamstrings were killing me. Anything but leg bridges would be okay with me. Fortunately, PT Bruiser let me get by with a stretching session in anticipation that I would get my butt kicked at Boot Camp.

On the drive to Indy Boot Camps I kept praying to the exercise gods. I even made a deal that I would do ANYTHING not to do leg bridges. I would be good. I would not talk trash to Tabata Tod. I would work really hard at everything else. I begged for NO LEG BRIDGES! I was willing to take ANYTHING, but leg bridges.

I kicked patootie in class.
  • My Around the Worlds on the BOSU Ball were superb. I had air and speed as I hopped up and down.
  • For the first time I actually trusted my partner enough on the Partner Leg Presses that I had fun.
  • My hand/eye coordination was excellent doing Donkey Kicks. My partner would tap that medicine ball and I was catching it one handed several times.
  • I even got a compliment from another Boot Camper regarding my group sit ups!
I was a Boot Camp Goddess!

On the way home I rehashed in my head how wonderful I was in class. Patting myself on the back so much that my arm started to hurt. I was even celebrating that my mental telepathy with Tabata Tod worked. NO LEG BRIDGES were performed!

Until the exercise gods reminded me of my deal...

*POW* 
*THUMP, THUMP, THUMP*

My back left tire blew out on the interstate.

Eh well...it was a small price to pay for NO LEG BRIDGES!


Have a great weekend,
Kristi

Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: