Sunday, April 19

April 19, 2009 - Bricks to Bricks 10 Miler Update

Hello All,

I wanted to give you a quick update regarding the Bricks to Bricks 10 Miler.

I woke up at 5:15 AM this morning and got ready for the race. I doused myself with Glide. I dressed quite stylish (wink). I had on a hot pink Just Do It shirt from Nike (sweat wicking, of course), bright orange windbreaker, light pink visor, and black and red walking pants. Of course, the clothes have to fit EXACTLY for the wicking to work. I felt I looked quite skinny, but I am sure some people probably could have looked at me and said; "Oh my, what is that obese woman doing in that outfit?" I would have said to them; "Hey, I am no longer morbidly obese, you fatist!"

I got there in plenty of time and psyched myself up for the race. See, I was extremely nervous about this race, because this race was going to tell me if I could complete the Mini. I always thought all along that if I finished the 10 miler with a decent time I could do the Mini.

The start line was a 5 minute walk from where we had to register. As I kept walking I kept having to pull my pants up. While standing under the awning of the school, I realized my new fancy-dancy sweat wicking pants were on backwards! Yes, you read that right...instead of Juicy* across my bee-hind I had Adidas. Of course, the maker of the flared-cut running/walking pants by Adidas expected the Adidas logo to be on the left hip, not the right buttock! Alas, there was nothing I could do...

It rained on us the first 3 or 4 miles. Until mile 7 I did well until my knee started "catching" a bit, but I FINISHED! It wasn't quite the time I wanted. I was shooting for 17:30 miles, but I did 17:36. I am happy with that! I FINISHED! Mini Marathon here I come!!!!

Til Wednesday, when I discuss why I am going to glare at Dr. Pita next time I see him and the can of worms PT Bruiser opened!

Kristi

*The sweats teens and pre-teens were running around wearing a couple of years ago that have slogans on the back of them. Of course, occassionally there would be someone wearing them that was MUCH too old for THAT look!

Originally Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: