Wednesday, April 29

April 29, 2009 - The Mini and Omegas


Hello All,

Well the Mini Marathon is almost here! However, I am no longer calling it a Mini based on the following e-mail I received from a friend after completing the Bricks to Bricks 10 Miler.

"Only 3 miles more and you have yourself completing a half-marathon. I don’t like using the word “mini” because it is quite degrading to the fact that you are still doing 13.1 miles, that is a not a “mini” accomplishment."

With friends like this, no wonder I am doing so well. My support system is excellent! I am ready and confident that I will meet my goals. I will provide an update on Saturday evening (if I can type) regarding how I did. For my most avid followers you might be interested in watching the results of anyone you know entered at http://www.500festival.com/marathon.

I learned something from Dr. Pita today that I need to type up so I have included it here. You see, Dr. Pita chose to write everything I needed on a paper towel (see photo). Of course, I do not mind this. Those that know me well have seen notes on my hands, arms, deposit slips, and anywhere else that a pen or permanent marker works!

I asked Dr. Pita today what to do about my "pill problem" regarding the fish oil tablets and the Coromega. I know I need to take the fish oil to see if it helps my moodiness and this is one of the places I am most uncompliant in regards to my striving to be healthy efforts.

I need to remember to ask next time I see him the quantities of things (other than the pills and fish capsules). He said I should eat salmon 3 times a week, but I am not sure how many ounces he meant.

Ways to get Omega 3s
*Fish Oil in the form of Coromega
*Fish Oil Capsules*Krill Oil (I have a sample of these, they are smaller than regular fish oil. Woo hoo!)
*Smoked Salmon (Makes a lovely Salmon Salad with lemon, dill, olive oil, mustard (dijon, of course), basil and possibly mayo).
*Lox
*Canned Sockeye Salmon
*Salmon Sausage
*Salmon Candy (I just HAVE to try these. Just to taste!)
*Sardines in Water (Apparently, Dr. Pita likes these with olive oil and tomatoes. Who knew that they taught cooking in Med School! )
*Mackerel
*Black Cod
*Albacore Tuna
*Flax
*Eggland's Best Eggs with the Omega 3s
*Walnuts

If I start to grow fins from eating all of this fish, I will post pictures!

Til next week,
Kristi
P.S. Down 2.5 pounds!


Originally Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: