Monday, January 24

January 24, 2011 - Boot Camp Day 10:Tabatas

Hello Everyone,


Today I was not “feeling it” at Boot Camp. I worked out, but just not with the same passion as the other days. Granted, I am fighting off a bit of a funk, but still….something was missing. Well, it was Tod’s fault. Seriously, all his fault. Not that he didn't try really hard to make up for it.

Remember how when I first started at Indy Boot Camps I *might* have poked a teensy bit of fun at the recording that counts down the sets for the exercises? Well, Tod forgot the Tabata CDs this morning and much to my surprise I missed my favorite Disembodied Voice.

At Indy Boot Camps Tabatas are used to pace the exercises. Tabatas are a form of interval training created by this guy from Japan (named Tabata). Basically, you perform at a high intensity for a small set period of time (e.g. 20 seconds) and then rest for a small period of time (e.g. 10 seconds). My understanding is that they are very effective at improving cardiovascular health and for fat burning.

In order to incorporate the Tabatas and make it fun, Tod uses soundtracks from BJ Gaddour (I might have a name for my favorite Disembodied Voice). More information is found at http://www.workoutmuse.com/.

I enjoy the Boot Camp at Indy Boot Camps more than any other I attended primarily because I find Tod funny; and the soundtracks with the Disembodied Voice keep you pumped up. Occasionally, I do think that the soundtrack is from a bad House Party, but this thought it fleeting because I have to keep up with the interval.

Well, that’s all for today.

Til Wednesday,

Kristi
Published to http://kristiasher.blogspot.com

No comments: